7/23/07

Welcome

Woo woooooo! All aboard the Geek Train!

Inspired by blogs like Pop Songs 07 and More Than Ten, wherein super-fans analyze all the songs ever recorded by a certain band (R.E.M. and Pearl Jam, respectively), I've created "So Misunderstood" as a place to cover every track by the alt-country/Beatlesque/noise-rock/dad-rock/just plain RAWK band Wilco. Not only because they're my favorite group, or because I could babble for hours about their entire catalog, but because Wilco's twelve-year-plus history contains a vast treasure trove of great music that deserves to be reviewed in-depth.

Bear with me - as the author of "Pop Songs 07" disclaims, this is a side project, and one that I will update rather irregularly. However, I'm committed to writing about every last song, including officially-released B-sides and one-offs (like the band's contribution to the Spongebob Squarepants Movie soundtrack). I appreciate feedback and comments, so feel free to chip in your two cents. Enjoy the ride, and remember:

the best songs don't ever get sung
the best life never leaves your lungs
it's so good you won't ever know
you can't hear it on the radio

2 comments:

  1. Wow! So glad you're taking up the mantle of a Wilco oeuvre-blog, and thanks for the shout-out to my PJ one. I had started "Chrome Canyons" as well with the intention of giving Wilco similar treatment, but how effing hard is it to write one of these things, never mind two? Now I shall retire the never-quite-off-the-ground Chrome Canyons, and gleefully read your take on a wonderful band.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jason! I am so stoked about your blog...looking forward to all your posts.

    ReplyDelete